Proven, Expert Partners
EMS & Ambulance Billing and Claims Solutions
Join The AccuMed Group Professional Team
The AccuMed Group is an industry-leading EMS Medical Claims Management service. Our company is dedicated to helping our customers maximize their net revenue, while remaining fully compliant with all regulatory requirements. That takes innovative, highly effective processes delivered by our profession’s leading experts. We settle for nothing less than superior performance and exceptional customer service.
Our core value system revolves around honesty, integrity, commitment and accountability. We welcome applicants who share a common interest in our value system, have earned or are pursuing a degree in the medical billing field or have a minimum of three year’s relative experience.
We believe you will find our culture to be supportive, empowering and pleasant. Our benefit and wage structures are very competitive and enhanced by flexible working schedules. We look forward to meeting you.
EMS Billing Specialist - Posted 2/3/21
Performs a wide range of ambulance billing duties, including preparation of ambulance claims, interacting with numerous insurance companies, including Medicare, Medicaid and BCBS.
- Receives and reviews patient care reports and associated documentation from the client and determine if medical necessity requirements have been met based on information provided and carrier specifications.
- Checks the patient care reports and associated documentation for completeness and proper signatures.
- Ensures that work is carried out in compliance with all policy and regulatory requirements.
- Interpret documentation and medical terminology to determine diagnosis codes, procedure codes, modifiers, charges, etc. and make adjustments as required.
- Determine defined payer requirements to facilitate claim acceptance.
- Expected to protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with the department’s privacy policies, procedures, and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Three years ambulance/medical billing experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of ambulance/medical procedures, submission of insurance claims, Medicare, Medicaid and other private insurance carriers.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively perform ambulance billing activities
- Prioritize work to meet goals and objectives within acceptable time frames
- Communicate effectively verbally, and in writing
- Handle sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to research and analyze data
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access) and internet resources.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, crouch, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to walk and lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, color, and peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Upload Your Resume
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
The AccuMed Group is committed to offering equal employment opportunities in all of its employment practices. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin ancestry, age, disability or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to ensuring that non-discrimination applies to all areas of employment. Employees are hired based solely on The AccuMed Group’s personnel requirements and the qualifications of each individual candidate.